TAKING STEPS IS EASY - STANDING STILL IS HARD

WELCOME
THE CAGE IS FULL
It's about time you got here. Geez. We've been waiting all day for you to turn up. Now why don't you sit back, grab the nearest fluffy critter that you can, and get a move on! We've missed you.

CENSUS
THE CHILDREN OF THE EMPIRE
AVALIEL
♂ 02
♀ 04
VALAREN
♂ 03
♀ 03
ELREN
♂ 00
♀ 01
SHURAL
♂ 00
♀ 00
MURDREN
♂ 02
♀ 05
NYTHIA
♂ 00
♀ 02
LONERS
♂ 09
♀ 10
MESSENGERS
♂ 01
♀ 01
TOTAL
♂ 14
♀ 25
UPDATES
JANUARY 25TH, 2015
A new patch has become available! This includes new lands, and a crapload of new species! get out there, explore, claim lands, make enemies, make babies, idc. Do whatever it is you guys do. <3

-Riley

RILEY
ADMINISTRATOR

LAZULEL
STAFF

THEAFANC
STAFF

Closed
New Poll

A Picture Worth A Thousand Words
Instead of crying, I laugh.
55 Coins
10 posts
Maned WolfxSnow Leopard hybrid
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

[doHtml]<div align="center"><div style="border: 2px solid #800000; width: 500px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/2BerLry.png');background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#FFDAB9;"> <div style="text-align: justify; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 12px; color:#FF0000; padding-left: 25px; padding-right: 25px; padding-bottom: 22px; padding-top: 439px; text-indent: 15px; line-height: 16px; border: 2px solid #FFA500;"><p><br />Karma didn't know where she was or what had happened. One moment ago, she had been calmly padding along her pack's boundaries, marking trees and making her presence known to any other wolves lurking out in the depths of the shady forest. Suddenly, a bright white light erupted from the tightly knit undergrowth, and Karma was thrown out into a world where she had no knowledge of, no idea of where she was, or how she was going to survive on her own. Now, the young female wandered along the bank of a fast flowing river, her lean belly growling ever minute or so to remind her of her ravenous hunger.
<p><p>
Karma paused and planted her rear end firmly in the thick mud surrounding the river; her bi colored eyes flicking as she watched fat, silver fish dart along the bottom of the river. She had never fished before, but then again; hunger made you desperate. And desperation made you do stupid things. Karma scooted to the very edge of the water, leaping onto a large grey boulder and padding to an adequate fishing spot. The young maned wolf paused before gently dipping one of her ebony paws into the crystal waters. The fish here had never seen a fishing wolf before, so they felt no natural fear of her. This would be easy.
<p><p>
Karma took in a deep breath before targeting a particularly plump and large fish covered in glittery, reflective scales. The female edged closer to the water and reached both of her paws down. With a triumphant growl, Karma wrapped her legs around and fish and pulled backwards, sending both her and her fish tumbling back onto the muddy shoreline. Karma let out a pained yelp as the fish's tail slapped her in the muzzle, watching unsurely as the trout flapped wildly in a desperate attempt to get back to the water. Karma edged forwards again, afraid of earning another slap to the muzzle when suddenly the fish flopped back into the water with a triumphant splash.
<p><p>
Karma let out an angry growl before plunging into the water, gasping at the sheer temperature change of the frigid water. The maned wolf felt her eyes begin to glow as she snapped her strong jaws around the fish's body, pressing and pressing until she felt something snap, and blood filled the once clear water. Karma could feel water tickling the back of her throat, and sloshing around her lungs as she dragged both her and her catch back up onto the muddy shore. Disheveled and dirty, the female sat down to eagerly gulp down her fish before dumping the remains back into the water for other fish no nibble on. Catching fish was much harder than she had thought. Karma raised one of her ebony paws to examine a nasty scrape that she had earned while tumbling into the water. She quickly groomed herself until her fiery pelt had reclaimed its rugged shine, and flicked her notched ear before scrambling back onto her rock and watching the serene forest around her.
<br />
<br><br />
<font color='#FF4500'><b> <i> I'm a fighter, take me on and pay the price. I laugh instead of cry, I dance until I drop down dead; I'm a fighter. </i> </b></font><br />
<br />
</div></div></div>[/doHtml]

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rafiri
 Posted: Feb 8 2015, 08:17 AM
Rafiri

"I'll kick your arse! Or at least be a pain in it!"
45 Coins
28 posts
Fox x Wolverine x Lemming x Arctic Hare
He/His
Lazulel

N/A

Rafiri had been traveling the edge of Valaren, keeping his keen icy eyes open for any intruders. As the smallest member of Valaren, it was the best he could do, but he had his uses. He still did some scratching at his fur from time to time, as it was summer and his winter coat was long gone. A few white strands still clung to him for dear life, making the rest of his reddish and black short fur look a little odd at certain angles. He didn't pay a lot of mind to it, unless he was bored and had nothing else to do.

Suddenly, a large splash caught his fox-hare hybrid ears, eyes widening and neck turning to find the source. It had obviously come from the river, and was likely someone fishing or just playing. Rafiri thought a little harder for a moment. "A splash that big... that must be a big someone." It wasn't hard to be bigger than Rafiri, standing at a mighty 1 foot at the shoulder, most of everything was bigger to him. His attention caught, he carefully made his way over to the river.

He came to find a creature he had not seen before. She seemed sort of like a wolf, maybe a fox, with a mix of leopard. Whatever she was, she was grooming herself after her obvious adventure of fishing. He noted the fruits of her endeavors, including a scrape on a paw, and he couldn't help but notice her muzzle was a little swollen as well. "That fish smacked you straight in the gabba, didn't he?" Rafiri giggled, unable to not find humor in this situation. "Well, you showed 'im, he's swimming in your tummy now." Another snicker emerged. Yes, not a typical way to greet someone, but Rafiri was not your typical hybrid.
PM
^
55 Coins
10 posts
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

[doHtml]<div align="center"><div style="border: 2px solid #800000; width: 500px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/2BerLry.png');background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#FFDAB9;"> <div style="text-align: justify; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 12px; color:#FF0000; padding-left: 25px; padding-right: 25px; padding-bottom: 22px; padding-top: 439px; text-indent: 15px; line-height: 16px; border: 2px solid #FFA500;"><p><br />Karma was surprised to suddenly be faced by a much smaller...rodent? Fox? The hybrid couldn't tell. The lifted up a thickly furred ebony paw and gently continued to rasp her tongue over the sore, bleeding scrape. After making sure that her wound was cleaned, Karma sank into a cat like stretch and let all of her ivory claws shoot out of their hiding places to scrape across the hard stone, leaving shallow indents across the smooth surface. "Greetings, small male." Karma meowed, her voice laced with the faintest of canine sounding rumbles as she spoke.
<p><p>

"The fish managed to catch me, but now its blood stains the waters below. What is your name, small traveler?" Karma continued, her bi colored eyes softly glowing in the low light of the evening forest. She flicked her tufted tail before curling it around her ebony paws with a light swish of her russet splotched fur sliding across the faintly sparkling snow. The hybrid's tongue shot out of her maw to lap away the blood staining her muzzle, and Karma let out a small sigh.
<p><p>

"Are you a native to these lands? For I do not know where I am or how I have come. One moment I was calmly padding along my pack's territory when all of a sudden I found myself here. I have been walking for hours, following the river in an attempt to find fellow animals that might help me find my way home. Do you have any knowledge on this matter?" Karma meowed, looking at the small creature straight in the eyes. Her own optics were glowing and casting a faint light upon her thickly furred face, highlighting her russet fur and odd feline nose.
<p><p>

"I can tell by your previous words that you are more of a light-hearted and humorous being, but I must ask of you to be serious just for this one moment."
<br />
<br><br />
<font color='#FF4500'><b> <i> I'm a fighter, take me on and pay the price. I laugh instead of cry, I dance until I drop down dead; I'm a fighter. </i> </b></font><br />
<br />

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rafiri
 Posted: Feb 9 2015, 06:04 AM
Rafiri

45 Coins
28 posts
He/His
Lazulel

N/A

"I am Rafiri! I'm a scout for a nearby pack, as you call them." Rafiri explained, knowing that different creatures called clans different things. He didn't care particularly which one was used, he just thought clan sounded cooler. He was about answer her next question before she went on a bit of a rant. Soon her words mooshed together and a colorful butterfly caught his eye. His foxy tail flicked and instantly he was chasing it, somehow keeping a single ear in the other creature's direction.

"I can tell by your previous words that you are more of a light-hearted and humorous being, but I must ask of you to be serious just for this one moment." Her tone seemed very stern and he stopped in mid jump to turn back towards her. Rafiri's expression became worried and confused. "I don't know that I've ever heard of such a thing." If he had, he'd likely forgotten that it had happened. "Well, the god of fire did just burn down a giant ice wall. I guess it wouldn't be so strange for the god of chaos to poof you from your world to ours." This was likely not a good reply, as it answered only how and not the why.

Well, the moment was up and Rafiri felt the situation to be a bit too dour for his tastes. "This can be your home now! Maybe your pack got poofed over here too, who knows?" He gestured grandiosely with his paws in the air. In the back of his mind he knew it was unlikely, as Nex enjoyed the chaos and despair he wrought upon the world, as far as Rafiri could tell. It would be unfortunate that this girly would not see her family again, but that just meant she would have to build a new one. Building anything new, from scratch, was always hard on the heart, and Rafiri prepared to deal with squishy emotions in the upcoming moments.
PM
^
55 Coins
10 posts
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

[doHtml]<div align="center"><div style="border: 2px solid #800000; width: 500px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/2BerLry.png');background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#FFDAB9;"> <div style="text-align: justify; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 12px; color:#FF0000; padding-left: 25px; padding-right: 25px; padding-bottom: 22px; padding-top: 439px; text-indent: 15px; line-height: 16px; border: 2px solid #FFA500;"><p><br />Karma let the little scamp introduce herself, and watched with barely disguised humor as the small hybrid bounced along after a butterfly before she reminded him how this was a serious matter. "My name is Karma." The snow leopard maned wolf mix meowed, her glowing eyes momentarily flicking away from Rafiri to watch his little butterfly flutter away before he had the chance to reclaim it. The insect was truly a beautiful thing, covered in thousands of tiny, reflective scales that made the thing glimmer and shine like a rainbow. Rafiri's next words caused Karma's ears to perk with mild interest, her thickly furred tail curing softly around her paws as his words met her rounded audits.
<p><p>
"I have never believed in Gods or Goddesses, but what happened to myself is certainly supernatural." The hybrid growled, lifting a large ebony paw to her maw so that she was able to swipe her pink tongue over the glossy fur. She then took the wet appendage and used it to clean the area behind her ears, secretly pondering on how she could go on without her family surrounding her. The answer Rafiri had provided only answered part of her main problem, but Karma decided to let the matter drop.
<p><p>
Karma stretched one more time before flicking her notched ear and opening her maw to speak again. "You must be right, Rafiri. I will have to learn to live here in this whole new world. Yet this God of Chaos you speak of would certainly not bring my family over with me. They would probably want us to be separated, to cause mischief and despair for all of us involved." Karma rose to her thickly furred paws and looked down at the tiny hybrid with the same serious look in her bi colored eyes. "I thank you for your advice, Rafiri. I hope that someday I may repay the favor. Yet I must ask you one more question before I depart."
<p><p>
Karma angled her head towards the sky and stared at the descending sun. She would have to find shelter before moon-high. "Do you have any idea of where I should head towards?" She meowed with a inquiring look in her eyes. The hybrid leaped down from her rock with a strange, cat like elegance before padding to Rafiri's other side.
<br />
<br><br />
<br />

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rafiri
 Posted: Feb 10 2015, 08:26 AM
Rafiri

45 Coins
28 posts
He/His
Lazulel

N/A

Rafiri listened intently to her, having his attention for the time being. Her statement about not believing in gods or the like made him smile; he too did not believe in such things until he saw them for himself. Whether she would ever actually see the work of a god or godess of the Tundra was very unlikely, but they worked in mysterious ways and he had no doubt Karma was in for a few more surprises before her time was up.

The multihybrid craned his head up to look at her as she approached, her thanks noted. "Anytime. As to where you should go, that depends if you're ready to find a new pack or not." He spoke plainly with the truth. Her turned back to the forest he had come out of. "Valaren has just established its borders behind us here, in that forest. Some of the other clans have yet to set their borders." He flicked his tail, mind wandering off for just a moment but obviously not coming to a conclusion on whatever subject it landed on. "Those of us from the Tundra haven't really explored the southern lands yet, so I'm afraid I'm of no use to you the more south you go."

Rafiri realized he was being very serious at the moment, and followed everything up with a giggle. "But it's up to you! If I wasn't tied to Valaren I would go exploring myself. There's a lot of water to the south I hear, so I hope you're an excellent swimmer." He himself was not so great, but if he were to venture out now would be the best time to do it before winter returned with his fluffy coat. That thing was dreadful to maintain, especially if became wet.
PM
^
55 Coins
10 posts
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

[doHtml]<div align="center"><div style="border: 2px solid #800000; width: 500px; background: url('http://i.imgur.com/2BerLry.png');background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#FFDAB9;"> <div style="text-align: justify; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 12px; color:#FF0000; padding-left: 25px; padding-right: 25px; padding-bottom: 22px; padding-top: 439px; text-indent: 15px; line-height: 16px; border: 2px solid #FFA500;"><p><br />Karma nodded at Rafiri's words, and she mentally noted his words with a small smile highlighting her lean face. "Thank you, Rafiri. The South doesn't sound like the place for me, thanks to my upbringing in such cold weather. Besides, swimming isn't one of my strong suits." Karma meowed, her thickly furred tail thumping against the muddy earth as she finished her sentence. She was surprised and pleased that the small hybrid was still paying attention, and she hoped that nothing shiny or colorful appeared for him to chase.
<p><p>
"I bid you farewell, Rafiri, and I thank you for your helpful words." Karma meowed one last time over her thickly furred, patterned shoulder. Soon the hybrid broke into a full on sprint as she dashed away, trying to make up the time she had lost while speaking to the tiny male. She had to keep going until moon high, when she would eat and rest in what ever shelter she could find. Karma continued on the banks, occasionally pausing to rest and clean the mud to her soiled, ebony paws. Suddenly, the sound of rustling met the hybrid's ears; and the female leaped into the air with shock and unsheathed her ivory claws.
<p><p>
"Oy! Don't ye go attack'n me!" A strange voice rasped from the river grass. Karma looked surprised at the strange words, and edged closer to the grass in order to see what had yelled at her. Moments later, a good sized black and cyan mink sauntered out of his hiding spot. A single silver earring hing from his left ear, and a long oily tail dragged out behind him. "I heard ya talkin' to that lil' scamp earlier." The mink barked, pausing only to spit into the grass beside him. "I've been born and raised 'ere by this river; and I long 'fer a good dose of adventure. The name's Relic." Karma was taken aback my Relic's string of heavily accented words, and stuttered for a moment before responding.
<p><p>
"Are you asking me to take you with me to the North?" The hybrid asked, her voice laced with caution and shock as she stared at the sodden Mink. "That's the spirit, wolf! Just slow down and a'let me catch up to yer!" Relic announced, rising to his full height and swinging his cyan paws around like he was throwing tiny punches. "The name is Karma, Relic. Climb onto my back and we'll be off." Karma meowed, lowering herself so that the mink could scramble up and find a safe spot between her shoulder blades. Relic gave her a quick nod, and with an adventurous light in his eyes he scampered up onto the hybrids back and dug in with his claws.
<p><p>
"Let's be off!"
<p><p><p>
--End of thread--
<br />
<br><br />
<br />

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

SISTER SITES

SVERIGERisking It Alllies in the low {warriors}TLK: Dark HorizonELEVENTH HOUR: a warriors rpJUST ONE YESTERDAY: a warriors rpB E L L I G E R E N C E

Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RPMidnight of Sierra

Illusus

Listed At
Two By The Sea Top 50 Wolf RPG Last of the Wilds panda directory

Resources

THIS SKIN WAS MADE BY MINNIE OF BACK TO NEVERLAND. Creative Commons License This work by MINNIE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. THIS SITE WAS MADE BY STAFF. ALL IMAGES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, AND ALL CODES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CODERS.