TAKING STEPS IS EASY - STANDING STILL IS HARD

WELCOME
THE CAGE IS FULL
It's about time you got here. Geez. We've been waiting all day for you to turn up. Now why don't you sit back, grab the nearest fluffy critter that you can, and get a move on! We've missed you.

CENSUS
THE CHILDREN OF THE EMPIRE
AVALIEL
♂ 02
♀ 04
VALAREN
♂ 03
♀ 03
ELREN
♂ 00
♀ 01
SHURAL
♂ 00
♀ 00
MURDREN
♂ 02
♀ 05
NYTHIA
♂ 00
♀ 02
LONERS
♂ 09
♀ 10
MESSENGERS
♂ 01
♀ 01
TOTAL
♂ 14
♀ 25
UPDATES
JANUARY 25TH, 2015
A new patch has become available! This includes new lands, and a crapload of new species! get out there, explore, claim lands, make enemies, make babies, idc. Do whatever it is you guys do. <3

-Riley

RILEY
ADMINISTRATOR

LAZULEL
STAFF

THEAFANC
STAFF

Add Reply
New Poll

Tired Paws And Weary Eyes, A Private Thread
Instead of crying, I laugh.
55 Coins
10 posts
Maned WolfxSnow Leopard hybrid
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

@[Myst Stonewalker]

Karma had followed the river she had found for hours, until it had finally ended and had given away to a moody, chilly forest. The Hybrid's Snow Leopard fur prevented her from getting too cold, but the places where her fur thinned chattered and shook in the nighttime air. Curse this Maned Wolf blood. At least the Snow Leopard in her was helping in such cool weather. At least she was better off than Relic, who had grown so cold that he had given up telling her his wild tales and instead resorted to buying himself into the thick fur on her shoulder blades. Karma's head tilted up towards the sky and watched as the moon climbed its way up into the peak of the star speckled sky. She had promised herself earlier that at this time she would find shelter, and curl up somewhere to rest and replenish her waning energy.

The hybrid's head swung around to take in her surroundings. Her bi colored eyes glowed brightly in the gloom like two shining beacons as they focused on a hole in the bottom of a pine tree. Dark grown roots wrapped around the dark entrance way like a veiled curtain. Karma edged forwards and sniffed, using her still accessible canine senses to detect any living life inside of the gloomy den. The rich scent of vole hit the roof of Karma's maw, and the hybrid edged forwards into the entrance way. There lied the two sleeping bodies of voles, and after a quick flick of her retractable claws, the rodents were dead.

Karma threw three quarters of a vole to Relic, and ate the remains along with the whole first vole before curling up besides her mink friend in their little temporary den. Her eyes closed, and within moments the sound of snoring drifted from the entrance. At roughly around dawn, Karma's bi colored eyes opened before she yawned and rose to her ebony paws. Relic squeaked as he lost his footing in her neck fur, but only shook out his pelt and grumbled before following Karma out of the den. With no river to follow, the female was left to rely on her internal compass to guide her through the thickly knit forest. The duo paused for a moment as the scent of something strange and foreign hit their noses. It was...a pack? Could it be the pack that Rafiri was in?

Karma shifted her weight from paw to paw before peering through the forest in front of her. Relic's rump plopped down onto the frostbitten earth and focused his attention on polishing his single silver earring. She couldn't see far thanks to the thick undergrowth, but ended up shrugging it off and beginning to make her way around the pack's land. Or was it a clan? That was what Rafiri had called them. Relic stopped polishing his jewelry and fur and followed her with a couple tired grumbles.

I'm a fighter, take me on and pay the price. I laugh instead of cry, I dance until I drop down dead; I'm a fighter.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Myst Stonewalker
 Posted: Feb 12 2015, 08:31 PM
Myst Stonewalker

Chieftess of Avaliel
875 Coins
72 posts
Snow Leopard
She/Her
FennecFyre

N/A

Yyyyep.

She was definitely pregnant.

Myst scrutinized her reflection in the stream, noting the roundness that had begun to appear around her midsection. At first, she had attributed it to eating well, as she often did in the warmer months, but as the bulge continued grow, and finally took on an unmistakable shape, she was forced to conclude that she would soon be mother to none other than her own Fangmaster's cubs. From a purely animalistic, instinctual standpoint, this was nothing to worry about, possibly even a good thing. Strong cubs meant that her bloodline would be carried on, which did produce a small amount of primal satisfaction. At the same time, she had never anticipated having cubs, at least not anytime soon, And the clan--what would they think of her?

Myst sighed, shaking herself out. Bits of shed winter fur drifted off her, evidence that her sleeker summer coat would be coming in soon. With the hardships of last winter, Myst was ready for the blissfully warm days of summer. Raising a litter would be much easier then, too.

The wind shifted suddenly, and Myst's mind was briefly taken away from thought of her current state. There was a new scent on the breeze, one she didn't recognize. Not one of hers, then. She sniffed the air again, trying to separate out the scents. Mink, somewhere out there, but the other creature was a muddle of scents, likely a hybrid of some sort. As Chieftess, she had a duty to meet others at the border, but now, she realized, she had cubs to worry about. If this creature proved to be hostile, a fight might result in a miscarriage. She would need to be careful.

Myst moved through the forest silently, having come to know it's various game trails and paths like the back of her paw. A movement drew her eye, and she spied an orange shape moving through the trees nearby. She trailed them downwind for a short time, recognizing leopard rosettes, but on a body she didn't recognize. It looked like a wolf, but it was much longer in the legs and ears. Myst blinked. Perhaps it was one of the creatures from the south, now that the ice wall was gone? Myst steeled herself, then stepped out of the underbrush, letting out a gentle chuff to draw the creature's attention without frightening it. There was a second creature as well, she noticed, a mink. That, at least, she had been able to smell. "Good day," she called out to them, sitting and curling her tail about her paws. "I'm Myst, the Chieftess of these lands. May I know your names, and, ah," she cocked her head, smiling slightly, though she was really more curious than anything else, "your purposes for coming here?"

--------------------
PM
^
55 Coins
10 posts
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

Karma jumped at the sound of the crackling of leaves, and soon she was greeted by the sight of another hybrid, who was clearly some type of bird mixed with a lavender snow leopard. The orange female had never seen a pregnant fae before, but as soon as her bi colored eyes layed upon the other snow leopard; she knew. Relic jumped in surprise as well, but puffed out his small chest and rose his head to a more dominant position. "Oy! We be just passin' by! What do ya want?" The mink snapped, rising to his hind legs and churning his cyan paws as if he was throwing miniature punches. "Shut your muzzle, Relic!" Karma snapped, unsheathing her ivory claws and cuffing him over the head. This caused the mink's silver earring to skid across the soft green grass, and the male let out an angry growl before bounding after the piece of jewelry.

Karma narrowed her eyes at her companion before turning back to Myst, her eyes glowing with a mixture of embarrassment and apology. "I-I'm so sorry..." The hybrid stuttered, her ears flicking back at the sounds of muttered cursing from the foul mouthed Relic. Apparently he wasn't a fan of having his earring thrown about and dirtied. "He's just a loudmouthed little rodent. Please ignore him. My name is Karma, it is nice to meet you...Myst." Karma gave the other snow leopard a meek smile before shuffling her thickly furred, ebony paws.

Relic trotted back up to the two females and looked away, focusing his attention back on his silver earring. He managed to work his piece of jewelry back into his rounded ear, and looked back up at Karma with an indignant snort. "Ye didn't need to dirty up my prized earrin'..." He huffed, looking away from her and plopping his rump into the cool earth. Karma gave Myst another meek smile and shuffled her paws.

I'm a fighter, take me on and pay the price. I laugh instead of cry, I dance until I drop down dead; I'm a fighter.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Myst Stonewalker
 Posted: Feb 19 2015, 09:18 PM
Myst Stonewalker

Chieftess of Avaliel
875 Coins
72 posts
Snow Leopard
She/Her
FennecFyre

N/A

The smaller one piped up before the lankier creature could, It took a more than a pugnacious weasel to get Myst's dander up, though, and she greeted it's bellicose behavior with a gentle grin. "Well, it's my business to know who's passing through," she explained, than chuckled as the other one cuffed her companion, silencing him and sending him skittering after his earring. She accepted Karma's apology with a dismissive flick of her ear. The movement caused her own earring, a group of small, shaped blue crystals held by a length of minute chain, to jingle quietly. "Think nothing of it. One of my own, a snow leopard named Sirah, has a companion of her own. Kaleb's an eagle, not a weasel, though he can be equally...talkative."

She noticed Karma's nervous posture, contrasting so with her weasel's fearless irritation. "And it's nice to meet you as well. But please, you don't need to be so nervous. Avaliel's not as territorial as some. So long as you're not taking our prey, you're welcome to pass through." She looked around, as if trying to commit the forest to memory. "Matter of fact, we might not be staying here much longer. You've heard how the ice wall has come down, yes? If my clan supports it, I intend to travel south and see what there is to see. There could be a whole new world out there that we haven't seen yet."

She considered the creature before her once more, trying to figure out what she drew her bloodlines from. "I can see leopard rosettes in your fur, but the rest of you seems...unfamiliar. I don't know if I've seen your kind here before," Her ears pricked in sudden interest. "Perhaps you're from the south yourself?"

--------------------
PM
^
55 Coins
10 posts
She/her/it
BBB

N/A

Karma gave Myst another embarrassed grin before turning her head to Relic, silently growling to herself, 'If you pull another stunt like that again, I'll eat you for lunch.' The hybrid then let out nervous laugh at the other Snow Leopard's words about one of her own, and Karma shifted her paws before meowing out a reply. "Heh...she must feel my pain. I only met this bee-brained mink yesterday, and he's already getting me in hot water." Karma threw Relic another warning look through bi colored, glowing eyes; which he returned by sticking out his cyan tongue and continuing to polish his dirtied earring.

Karma's ears swiveled at Myst's next words, and she let out a sigh of relief before twitching her thickly furred tail. "Thank you for making that clear; I've always been skittish about other pack--clan territories. Why would you want to leave a home as nice as this to go exploring down to the South?" Karma meowed, her claws sliding out of her ebony paws and rasping along the snow covered earth. The hybrid has always longed to explore, and her legs had always wanted to follow the stars and travel to more and more lands; but how would a whole pack do that?

Another question emerged from Myst's maw, and Karma paused for a moment before answering with less nervousness than before. "My mother was a Snow Leopard, and my father was a Maned Wolf. I believe that normally Maned wolves originate from the South, but all the ones that I knew had grown up in the North with their Snow Leopard comrades. A lot of us in the pack were hybrids, but some were purebred non-hybrids." Karma mowed, turning to look at the scarlet Rosette patters decorating her thick fur. She flicked her notched ear before looking back to Myst and once again waiting for a response.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SISTER SITES

SVERIGERisking It Alllies in the low {warriors}TLK: Dark HorizonELEVENTH HOUR: a warriors rpJUST ONE YESTERDAY: a warriors rpB E L L I G E R E N C E

Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RPMidnight of Sierra

Illusus

Listed At
Two By The Sea Top 50 Wolf RPG Last of the Wilds panda directory

Resources

THIS SKIN WAS MADE BY MINNIE OF BACK TO NEVERLAND. Creative Commons License This work by MINNIE is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. THIS SITE WAS MADE BY STAFF. ALL IMAGES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS, AND ALL CODES BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE CODERS.